The best safari choice for you
Here are some pointers to help you decide on a safari that will suite you
There is a variety of game lodges from good four star to ultra luxuroius five strar lodges and in various areas. When deciding on the type of safari/ tour you want, there are a few points to take into consideration ...
1. What type of activities you are interested in? Do you want a more adventurous safari, go on game walks, stay in an Eco-lodge, interact with local communities, enjoy an inter geneational or family safari, a honeymoon safari or do you just want to relax at a good lodge and enjoy the game drives and facilities
2. What area/s you are interested in?. We are lucky in Southern Africa to have different areas to go on safaris from the World Renown Kruger Nationa Park and surrounding private game reserves, Malaria free game reseves, Wetland Reserves to our neighbours Botswana (Chobe and the Okavango Delta) and Namibia (Etosha Pan)and each of the reserves are different and offer something special
3. What time of year do you want to travel?. Many destinations in Southern Africa are highly seasonal – whether it be Cape Town which is extremely popular in the summer months (September – March), the Kruger Park area is best in the winter/spring (May to October) or Tanzania for Great Migration (at its peak from June to about September), or Botswana when game viewing is best in winter (June to September).However, each destination has something exciting and different to offer, which makes Southern African a year-round destination.
4. Your budget?. There is a game lodge and game reserve to meet every budget and need so we will be able to find you the perfect lodge
- Self dirve and stay at the camps inside the Kruger Park and self-cater or even camp
- Good four star eco-lodges with solar power (no hair dryers)
- Game lodges specialising in walking safaris
- Good four star lodges with more luxury and family friendly lodges
- Romatic honeymoon luxury lodges
- Reasonably priced luxury lodges
- Top of the range ultra luxury five star lodges
- Small luxury sole use lodges with four or five rooms that you book the entire lodge for your family
There is a lodge to suit you!
5. The age and level of fitness of the person(s) travelling . No matter your age or level of fitness there is a lodge for you. We can arrage rooms that are close to the public area if you do have difficulty walking. The front seat of the safari vehicle is available if you may have difficulty climbing into the back of the vehicle. All the lodges can cater for various dietay requiriments.
6. Combination Safaris. It is a good idea to "add on to your safari" the most popular is to visit Cape Town, Victoria Falls, both desitnations are an easy flight from the Kruger Park area. A "bush and beacch safari" by adding a beach holiday in Mozambique, The Kwa Zulu Natal cost or even Mauritus is another popular option
7. Honeymoon Safari. If you are on honeymoon, and prefer more private arrangements and accommodation, we will be happy to arrange this for you. There are amazing lodges that will make your honeymoon special and you will remenber it forever
Please contact us and we will arrange a dream safari for you